Friday 8 February 2013

Cheap Fabrics

Cheap Fabrics Details
 Totally a fan! As others have said, this is the only fabric store left in the area. Bridge St and the next one over used to be filled with around a dozen or so fabric stores as late as the early- to mid-2000s. My mom and I have been going here since the early 1990s. It's sad to see this is the only place left. But I digress.

Others mention upholstery fabrics. I don't really sew but I know how to fix up furniture and make it look all pretty. What I don't like is the cost of upholstery fabric. Locally, I've got chains like Hancock and Joann and while they have sales like every week, their prices don't even come close to matching Fulton Fabrics. For $2-5/yard, I get decent quality fabric for my projects. Inevitably, half of my luggage gets filled up with fabric.

The downside is that the prints are limited. They have what the have, and while it does change, don't expect to find just the print you're looking for. Last time I went, I was looking for an inexpensive fabric to reupholster one of my benches and didn't come across a single thing that matched. I was also looking for a black and white print to recover a stool I have (again, personal use) and while I didn't come across anything of that nature, I did come across a very cool, trendy print (a deep neutral with script writing across it) that was only $4 or $5 a yard. It was cheap enough to buy that I don't have to worry about ripping it off and redoing it again a couple years down the road when the fabric pattern looks dated. I also bought great fabric a couple years ago to create a headboard for my sis and BIL and it still looks great.
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
Cheap Fabrics
                   

No comments:

Post a Comment